Piers Morgan recently revealed that he and Meghan Markle are friends – and they were once close years ago.
During an interview on ITV, the star of “Piers Morgan’s Life Stories” said that he’s a huge fan of “Suits” that’s why he followed some of the cast members of the USA Network TV series. After Markle saw that Morgan followed her, the 36-year-old soon to be princess immediately sent Morgan a private message.
“We emailed and, after a year and a half, we went to see Serena Williams play tennis at Wimbledon. After we went to my local pub. We were great buddies,” he said.
But after Markle started seeing Prince Harry, she stopped communicating with Morgan. “Next thing I know: silence. Off the radar. I blame Harry. He has stopped me getting those new episodes of ‘Suits,’” he joked.
Morgan also revealed that Markle and Prince Harry have not sent him an invitation to their wedding. But the British journalist is more than willing to attend. In fact, he has no problem with Mel B being removed from the guest list as long as he’s the one who will take her spot.
As of late, it is still unclear whether or not Prince Harry and Markle have already sent out official wedding invitations. Spice Girls member Mel B said that she was asked to attend their May 19 wedding at St. George’s Chapel in Windsor Castle.
“If it means I get an invite then yes!” Morgan joked.
The “America’s Got Talent” judge also revealed that the other members of Spice Girls have been invited as well. However, Scary Spice did not confirm whether or not Spice Girls will perform at the couple’s wedding.
Prince Harry and Markle announced their engagement in November. Weeks later, they also announced their wedding date and venue via the Kensington Palace’s Twitte account. Earlier this month, the couple shared the time of their wedding and first reception with the members of the congregation.